- #1 is a classic…Go to the park! My kids learned to beg for that as soon as they could talk. It’s now a 15 minute drive for us, but I am going to be using this option a bunch this summer. Kids love basic parks, nothing like a 20 year old swing set to tire them out for a good nights sleep. Hopefully no one puked on the tire swing. If you are lucky, it will have a splash pad! (We are not that lucky close by).
- Beach/lake/river/creek. If it’s wet and you can throw rocks at it, kids will have a good time. We like to visit a local park about 30 minutes away that has a small creek perfect for wading. We also drive about 30-40 minutes to the river very frequently for free swimming when this Washington weather allows.
- Trails. We live in the mountains so we have many trail options available. Take baby carrier in case you can’t take a stroller to the trail you choose. We love to check out the woods around some waterfalls locally.
- Kids programs. We personally love to take advantage of Vacation Bible School (VBS) for something to break the summer up. If you are non religious and in a larger area I bet there is something similar available. Schools sometimes run a day program during the summer.
- Set up play-dates. My kids are always begging to go to a friend’s house or to have someone over. If I like the kids I let it happen. Maybe if you get along with their mom, you can split a bottle of wine while they play (or just coffee). Other wise use your free time for doing something for yourself if you are not the hosing home.
Cruz turned 2 in January, but we finally got around to his party. I thought I would share some pictures of his special day!
Before the party he insisted on his superman cape and Santa hat, luckily I was able to lure him into a different outfit with a bath!
We had a Micky Mouse party, he is Micky obsessed right now. He is my first child to love Micky Mouse so I haven’t gone too insane yet from the theme song.
His smash cake was delicious, I never eat cake unless it is really good, so I was glad he let me eat a corner of it! I was told his regular cake was really great too, but his smash cake had whipped cream frosting and that’s where it’s at for me haha. He had a great day even though only one family with kids came, that’s when us already having 5 kids in the family is really handy!